Ontario Phase One: Climbing During Covid19
Rock climbing was identified as one of the industries that can begin the process of preparing to re-open. After following guidelines from the Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) and being in consultation with the Durham Region Health Department we will open May 27. We have spent this time preparing a handbook and getting the approval from the Durham Region Health inspector.
Reserve your session
The steps we are taking to ensure safety for our members and staff:
- Updated Staff Training
- Clearly Marked areas of use and restricted areas – PLEASE SEE MARKERS FOR CLIMBNG AREAS.
- Screened Check In – STANDARD COVID-19 QUESTIONS WITH GOVERNMENT ISSUED IDENTIFICATION.
- Reduced Capacity – 12 CLIMBERS PER 90 MINUTE SESSION. EVERY SESSION ENDS WITH A 30 MINUTE SANITIZATION PERIOD.
- Restricted Climbing Guidelines
- Increased availability sanitizing station
For Our Members: You Have Options
We can hold you your membership until all restrictions are lifted and you pay for the usual admission. That means you book online and choose your 90 minute time slot.
You can climb and start your membership. That means you need to call us to book the 90 minute time slot. 2 time slots can be used in a day.
- YOU MUST WEAR A FACE MASK THAT COVERS YOUR MOUTH AND NOSE. WE WILL HAVE MASKS AVAILABLE AT COST
- YOU MUST OBEY ALL REQUIRED SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES. WITH LIMITED CAPACITY, THERE IS ENOUGH DISTANCE TO ACCOMODATE THIS.
- COME READY TO TRAIN, CHANGING ROOMS ARE CLOSED.
- WASHROOM USE IS LIMITED TO OUR UNIVERSAL WASHROOM, THAT WILL BE SANITIZED AFTER EVERY USE.
- RENTAL GEAR IS AVAILABLE AND WILL BE SANITIZED AFTER EACH USE.
These guidelines are subject to change as newer information becomes available.
Climbing Sessions Available
10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 6:00 PM